Please see below for reminders of our main COVID-19 risk assessment procedures:
- Should your child test positive, please inform the school office.
- Children should isolate for 10 days following a positive result. IF you wish to end your child’s isolation early they must take a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) on Day 6 and Day 7 (24 hours apart) and negative results MUST be sent to the school office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Photos of tests should be labelled with your child’s name and date tests were taken. If your child does not have a high temperature, feels well enough and has x2 consecutive negative LFT results your child can return to school.
- We are NOT reducing self-isolation to 5 days.
- Please note, the day of a positive result is DAY ZERO.
- IF you have COVID-19 in your household, children must be kept off and have a PCR test. If the result is negative, the child can return to school and must continue to do daily LFTs until the household is clear of COVID-19.
We are aware that these procedures are different from circulating national guidance. This is because our risk assessment is based upon the needs of our setting. We are doing everything we can to keep all children and staff in our school as safe as possible. Our full risk assessment is available on our website under the Latest Information page.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support in this matter. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school office.
Miss A Fordham