Holy Trinity School was founded in 1853 and has been on the present site as separate Infant and Junior Schools since 1953. In September 2007 the new Holy Trinity Primary School was opened, replacing both schools. Since its foundation the school has been granted controlled status under the 1944 Education Act, this means that our school is a Church of England School and we seek to approach our educational tasks bearing in mind our Christian Foundation. The local church retains strong links with the school and demonstrates a continuing educational and pastoral interest in the life of our school.
The new school occupies a double storey site with 23 classrooms, a large and small hall, library, ICT suite, offices and kitchen area.
The school has an attractive hard play area, with a separate playground for the youngest children and a multi-unit games area, a garden and playing field. We are also fortunate to have the use of an outdoor swimming pool.